Summer Course 2020
|Venue||St John's College School, Cambridge|
About the course
We are delighted to announce our summer course 2020.
Whilst we will, of course, be adhering to social distancing guidance of the Department of Education, we are still able to offer a summer course for a reduced number of pupils in a controlled environment.
Parents can book all five days (Monday – Friday), Monday and Tuesday (2 days), or Wednesday to Friday (3 days), subject to availability.
The course repertoire will be comparing the music of the two Elizabeths – Elizabeth I and Elizabeth II.
Each day we will be learning two songs; one from the first Elizabethan Age, and one from our own era. Fast and slow, jolly and sad, sacred and secular – there will be great variety of styles to enjoy, and of course some great tunes. For our music theory/composition exercises we will be setting some of Ogden Nash’s hilarious little poems; and in Music History and Appreciation, listening to how modern British music is connected to the historic past.
- The course will be open to a smaller number of children divided into two classes or ‘bubbles’ of 15 each.
- Singing will be done outside, wherever possible. All children will be positioned in lines facing forward, 2 metres apart, facing the conductor.
- There will be a good mixture of activities, including some body percussion (new to the singing school!), some theory in the form of fun games and excercise, some music appreciation and history – lots to learn. These will be conducted in large rooms with the windows and doors open.
- There will be a strong adult to child ratio in order for us to maintain social distancing
- All children will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival and regularly during the day.
- Sanitizer will also be available throughout the day
- All children must be in good health at attend the course.
About the venue
St John’s is a prep school for children aged 4-13 at 73 Grange Road, Cambridge CB3 9AB
T. 01223 353 532 – F. 01223 355 846 – www.sjcs.co.uk
St John’s College School is part of St John’s College, Cambridge, CB2 1TP, registered charity no. 1137428
|St John's College School, 67 Grange Road, Cambridge, CB3 9AB|
|Cambridge (National Rail)|